Thursday, January 22, 2009

Batman & Robin

This picture just screams: These Costumes are Fabulous!
Batman shouldn’t be Fabulous.
____________________________

On Sunday, I decided to re-watch Batman & Robin on DVD with the director Joel Schumacher commentary on as I ironed my clothes. Even as I watched the movie again, I found myself cringing with every bad director and writer decision.

“Who wrote this shit?”

Akiva Goldsman that’s who.

Schumacher makes a sad attempt to put some of the blame off on the Toy Companies and the Studio, while defending his campy choices at the same time. He makes the claim that it is a comic book movie and that people need movies that can take their kids to see. He also defends Goldsman too.

I get the impression that he doesn’t understand why he received so much crap for the film.

Anyway, at work I mentioned that I re-watched Batman & Robin. Someone spoke up, “It was an alright movie.”

I was shocked. I glared at him and said, “Are you serious?”

Did they compare it to the Tim Burton movie or the newer Batman films, or at least the animated show from the 90s?

I started to roll out all t he reasons I hated the film and the numinous quotes like this one…

What killed the dinosaurs? The Ice Age!

And I mentioned the fact Batman and Robin Wind Surf all the way down to the city. And there are cartoon sound effects throughout the movie.

I guess somewhere somebody likes Batman & Robin over Batman Begins and that there are people out there like really enjoyed that shit movie Catwoman.

Perhaps this leads to a bigger issue with young folks.

Some people don’t have a reference to compare movies to others like it. I’m starting to notice this with younger people, teenagers, when they say they see the Prequels to Star Wars over the original three movies. When they watch the originals, they find them boring. They like the Mummy movies over the Indiana Jones films.

But come on…Batman & Robin.

Note: The guy I’m talking about sometimes reads my blog and it could get awkward when I go to work. No hard feelings.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47