Thursday, January 08, 2009

Spider-Man visits Barack Obama...

Spider-Man visits Barack Obama...

Sure Clinton was featured a great deal in both the Marvel and DC comics during the 90s. Heck, Clinton was still president when they merged the DC/Marvel universes.

But, I have to agree with the writer, this is really lame and cheesy. It feels like something they would have written in the 80's.

Now, we have all the news outlets talking about it. But, I still don't forgive Joe Quesada for resetting portions of the Spider-Man continuity.

2 comments:

PJ said...

Interesting. Reminds me of the end of the last season of Heroes when Nathan Petrelli meets with the president, who looks a lot like Barack Obama. I felt it was bit too contrived, though perhaps it was just acknowledgement of Mr Obama's status as a pop culture hero.

Semaj said...

Lol, I didnt know about the Heroes one. The marvel one I think is to get people talking, and reading their product (like the death of Superman).

I'll have give Heroes second season another try, now that I know about that scene.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47