Friday, June 13, 2008

Reading Rainbow

Do you remember watching Reading Rainbow?

Ever since the throwback posts over at Mayren's blog in which she discusses the various old kid's shows from the 80's and 90's, I've been looking back at some of the shows I enjoyed too. I was going through YouTube and came across Reading Rainbow for some reason.

I remember watching RR way back when I was a little kid. It was one of those shows that promoted education and reading. I never realized how much of an impact this show has had on my life.

Maybe this younger generation could learn something from reading a book instead of spending every waking moment on X-Box Live talking shit to each other.

Anyhow, you can't go wrong with LeVar Burton at the helm of the show (That crazy Geordi La Forge ).

Here are a few videos to 'help build the memory'.

~Another Take at the Reading Rainbow theme: Some guys decided to sing the theme song.

~Kermit the Frog visits Reading Rainbow: I laughed at this clip. I need to re-watch that Muppet movie again.

~LeVar dances and raps in this clip: He does a good job dancing too, but you have to remember he was a dancer/actor in the Cameo song 'Word Up'.

~The Theme Song on Piano, F' Yeah:

Hey, don't take my word for it, read the book.

4 comments:

Mayren said...

Reading Rainbow is and will always be the coolest thing on the planet.... but don't take my word for it (giggles)

Thanks for the post. I love it!
*hug*

Semaj said...

Brings back the memories doesnt it?

Ah, the good old days.

Anonymous said...

People our age grew up with shows like Reading Rainbow, and not to sound like an old guy, but all kids get these days are XBox and Spongebob. There is just no value in that.

paul

Semaj said...

Yeah, there was some education element to our young childhood experiences. Now, we have kids watching talking Sponges and hours playing Halo 3

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47