Sunday, April 09, 2006

It's all about "Family"

Riker: “Giant Wesley Crusher on screen, ready weapons, shields up!”
Picard: “We’ll only have one shot at this, so make it count.”
_______________________________________

Interesting thoughts by the King Geek Wil Wheaton

http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/wwdnbackup/2006/03/i_find_it_hard_.html

Comment: Wil has some very interesting thoughts on his performance in the part 3 episode Family. Many people thought this episode was boring and that it wasn’t Star Trek, but I thought the episode was a great way to take a breather after all the epic stuff that happened earlier. Ron Moore wrote a great episode under the guidance of Piller

((And me? Ron gave me a chance to really shine, to explore some complex emotion and take Wesley beyond the two-dimensional caricature I often complained he'd become. I finally had a chance to explore and perform a human side of Wesley as he sees the face of his father and hears his voice for the first time in his life. I finally had a chance to really do something after years of saying "Aye, sir, warp six, sir" . . . and I fucking phoned it in. I sat there and I made all my stupid little faces and acted like I cared, but It's painfully clear that I was halfway out the door. I totally and completely blew it. I was ashamed as I watched my eighteen year-old self last night, and rather disgusted by the time my scenes were over.))

While not always a fan of his acting, I’ll give him points for being truthful and not giving us the “We’re all very pleased,” spin. Read the whole thing.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Heh. At least he's honest. And he got plenty of pictures on Teen Beat, so not a bad life to lead.

I did like the episode where the Enterprise is transporting a special dignitary and she turns out to look Wesley's age, although she's a shape-shifting creature in reality. I didn't care, in her human form she was hot.

Semaj said...

Lol, I remember those teen beat covers with him on it.

Yeah, that episode was strange. The shapeshifters changed into these strange bear/wolf creatures when they got mad.

Old school TNG...

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47