Monday, April 10, 2006

24 reborn

Most of these people are dead

Three more days of 24

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,18762,00.html

(("[Sutherland] is an extraordinary actor with amazing instincts, he's fiercely intelligent and he has fantastic taste in material. When he told us he had ambitions to create and produce television series, we jumped at the chance to help him achieve that goal,” says Dana Walden, copresident of 20th Century Fox.))

Okay, stop kissing his ass. Pre-programmed response. Nobody has a real thought any more. “We are very pleased.”

While I don’t watch the show on a regular basis, or any show for that matter, but I’m thrilled I get to rent more 24 DVD sets.

((Here's a big spoiler alert for 24 fans: Jack Bauer survives this season. And he's in for at least three more days of hell.

Kiefer Sutherland has inked a deal reportedly worth $40 million to remain on the pulse-quickening drama for another three seasons, ensuring CTU's main man will be fighting terrorists through 2009.))

I’m shocked, because FOX seems to get off on crappy reality shows than actual dramas that aren’t aimed toward their stupid age range.

5 comments:

wierufhwre said...

I've actually never seen this show (don't really watch tv), but I hear good things.

Semaj said...

If you ever get a chance, rent the first season. It's kind of like LOST, in that you have to watch the episodes back to back.

Elfstone said...

3 more days with Jack Bauer, good news.

Jeff said...

I enjoyed the first 1 1/2 seasons, quit for a couple, then went back last year, and am hooked again. The show's problem is figuring out 24 different twists, and they tend to get a little silly, see: Cuthbert, cougar.

Semaj said...

@Elf thanks for stopping by

@jeff The cougar incident was 24’s version of jumping the shark. Last year’s season was one of the best, besides the first season. I wish I could keep up with the recent shows, but I’ll wait for the DVDs.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47