Thursday, April 06, 2006

Final Fantasy x : tech demo

Final Fantasy x, no not Final Fantasy X, but x

http://www.lostlevels.org/200510/

Back in the day, Squaresoft was loyal to Nintendo. When the Big N stuck with the cart format, Square moved on to the CD format and Playstation. Nintendo has never been the same since.

There was a legend that there was a N64 version of FFVII floating around, and that version was dropped for the playstation version. This link clears up some of that legend.

Download the tech demo at the bottom; you’ll be surprised how much of it was retained for the FFVII game. I loved the appearance of the dragon.


2 comments:

wierufhwre said...

Funny you should mention this. I just read about this a couple days ago in HGM. I had never even heard about it until then. I wonder how it slipped past me.

Semaj said...

When FF7 came out, I never knew about this. I did see a few pictures of it on videogames.com a while back.

I'm just amazed how well put together this demo is,and the fact that's it's playable.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47