Sunday, April 30, 2006

Soul Plane (Review)

Soul Plane

This movie is an embarrassment to every race out there. Why? It’s because this movie shows the very worst of the black culture. Sometimes, the movie’s humor is tasteless, while other times it’s random. There’s not much of a plot to the movie, and it moves from one subplot to another without much transition or playoff. Some subplots are just dropped all together and forgotten.

Basically, there is a guy that rides on an airplane, and he’s treated poorly. During the opening, his dog is ejected from the flying plane and killed by its engine. Somehow, this is supposed to be funny. He then sues the Airplane Company and wins. He takes his settlement and starts his own company geared toward ghetto types. He names it NWA Airlines. Why? No one knows or cares why he names it after an old gangster rap group.

The cast is made up of actors that should have known better than to sign up for such a crappy movie. Any movie with Mo'Nique in it will automatic go down a few points. She plays a stereotype of a stereotype of an overweight black woman Security Guard. Snoop Dogg plays, uh, Snoop Dogg flying a plane. Tom Arnold plays the typical out of place white guy with a family.

I can’t stress enough how bad this film is. The acting is way over the top, even for a comedy. This movie is a cheap knockoff of an earlier airplane comedy called strangely enough, Airplane!. If you want to waste money go ahead and rent it. But, I’m telling don’t watch it, and don’t even illegally download it.

Grade F- (I can’t grade it lower, I wish I could)

John Witherspoon plays the complex character named…Blind Man. I can’t make this up.

______________________________________________________

Method Man ain’t got no pimp hand, homeboy. (Okay, that just hurt typing it.)
_________________________________________________________
In this movie, Tom’s daughter bangs a bunch of black guys. In real life, Tom banged a fat chick. I would pay to see that movie…on second thought, no i wouldn't.
_______________________________________________________
Tom’s wife leaves him for a well-endowed black guy. Nope, I’m not making this up.
__________________________________________________________
Hear that, Snoop? That’s the sound of overexposure.
______________________________________________
Pimp my movie…
_________________________________________________
As a black man, I’m embarrassed…
__________________________________________
Okay

2 comments:

wierufhwre said...

Yeah, this movie was horrible. My mom watched it, though, and actually liked it. Go figure.

Semaj said...

Lol, she's not the only one. I went to a party a few years ago and we watched a bootleg copy and most of the partygoers loved the movie, except me.

They even told me I wouldn't like it.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47