Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Rachel Dolezal

Rachel Dolezal
Where to begin?  Being a black guy and one that’s called “the whitest black they’ve met”, I can view this some an interesting point of view.  I heard about Rachel from a Youtuber and I was completely confused about this story. 

Basically, people started to look into her past when threats started surfacing against her.

From CNN  ((even though she was born white -- stood by that self-assessment Tuesday, insisting, "I identify as black."))
Well, you’re not.  Being the president of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP, she had a lot of pull in the black community.  However, EVERYONE thought she was a light skinned black woman.  More or less, she lied about her race.  Being in charge of a chapter of NAACP shouldn’t be the problem, but pretending to be one thing is a problem. 
She was born a white girl, but completely morphed herself into a black woman.  And, I find that troubling and insulting.  That’s like me lightening up my skin and putting “white” on applications.  I also believe she distanced herself from her white parents for some unknown reason. And, I have no idea why certain people in the black community are embracing this woman. 
I mean there has to be a mental breakdown somewhere in her mind to morph herself into another race to this extent. Just because you identify as something doesn't make you that thing. I can embrace another culture and still keep my identity as a black guy. That's how normal people do it.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47