Monday, June 15, 2015

Christopher Lee (RIP)

Christopher Lee (RIP)
 I know that he was very old, but I kind of figured he'd be around for a few more years. This man was a legend in Hollywood. He's worked with so many directors and actors that I don't anyone else comes close. He was the king of the character actors.
I remember him from that James Bond film and all those Tim Burton movies. He almost always played a bad guy. Fondly, I remember him from The Lord of the Rings movies and the Star Wars prequels. He was a great villain in both of those franchises. And, Saruman and Count Dooku were very similar characters. I found that to be amusing.
He played Ansem the Wise in two Kingdom Hearts games. And, he was in the original The Wicker Man, aka the only good one.
I also remember hearing that he was upset that he got cut out of Return of the King and he was cheated of his onscreen death. They restored his scene in the extended cut, and I love its addition.
Anyway, it is sad to see this legend go, but he has a huge body of work to be proud of though. RIP, Saruman.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47