Friday, April 30, 2010

Random Things

"I am Twittering now! The revolution has gone viral!" (Using a capitalist web site, way to go.)
______________________________

Random Things

~WWE Smackdown is shifting to “Syfy” Network: Why? Isn't the network supposed to be based on sci-fi and fantasy shows and movies? Last time I checked, WWE has nothing to do with those things. I'm not hating on WWE, but this isn't a good fit. However, I also feel the same way with G4. I think these networks have moved away from their core audiences. (MTV, I'm looking at you too.)

~Jonah Hex trailer: Hmm, I think Megan Fox is pretty terrible, but Josh Brolin looks good. I've been hearing some not too kind things about early previews of the film. I'll probably still see it though. But damn does Megan Fox sound terrible. What were they thinking?

~Halle Berry and her model boy friend split: Keep in mind that she has a child with this guy. She was smart enough not to marry him. I think she knows that marriage isn't for her.

~Crazy guy President Hugo Chavez is now twittering and he wants Fidel Castro to join Twitter. This just gives me another reason to hate Twitter. I don't hate Chavez like the conservatives do, I just think he's part of the bigger problem of the world using so many fossil fuels. At this point, I don't think even Fidel knows what planet he is on. So, do you really want him twittering about online? My goodness I hate Twitter.

6 comments:

MC said...

Syfy has had wrestling forever. It was ECW, which turned into NXT.

Granted I don't watch it because it airs 3 days later here, so it is all spoiled.

Semaj said...

Okay, I guess it isnt as much of a big deal, but Scfy?

Does WWE still have that Sunday broadcast?

MC said...

The WWE has Raw on Mondays (USA), NXT on Tuesdays (SyFy), Superstars on Thursdays (WGN), and Smackdown on Fridays (My Network TV, moving to SyFy).

TNA moved their show from Thursdays to Monday to try to have another Monday Night War (Bischoff or however you spell his name and Hogan have some pull on creative), and they are getting murdered in the ratings.

I still prefer Chikara Pro wrestling to most of what the WWE is doing though.

Semaj said...

TNA, what were they thinking? They don't have the promotional power of WWE to go head to head.

So, NXT was similar to the Sunday show that had back in their hayday that came on MTV or on local channels

MC said...

ECW used to be the show where some of the established talent clashed with new talent that the WWE was trying to bring into the company. Then they shut that brand down and introduced NXT which is new talent, being mentored by some of the bigger names in the company, and putting that new talent against each other.

Superstars is random matches for undercarders on the other shows so they get some airtime.

Semaj said...

Okay, that sounds pretty neat. I know that Louisville is one of their training cities with Ohio Valley Wrestling. Remember hearing about Mark Henry and a few others hanging out in Louisville.

As a matter of fact some wrestlers just got in trouble in Ky a few months back

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47