Monday, April 19, 2010

Dr. Drew controversy with Lindsay Lohan

Dr. Drew controversy with Lindsay Lohan

I’ve come after Dr. Drew in the past for backing down when he went, rightfully, after the Church of Scientology. When the Space Church put some heat on him, he backed down like a coward and apologized. But, this time I’m in full support with him on this controversy.

Dr. Drew spoke about Lindsay in a Radar Online interview. That was when people starting making a big deal out of it.

Here’s what he said that supposedly got him in trouble with stupid Lohan supporters. From MSNBC, ((“If she were my daughter, I would pack her car full with illegal substances, send her on her way, call the police, and make sure she was arrested. I would make sure she was not allowed to get out of jail,” he told the Web site. “I would then go to the judge and make sure she was ordered to a minimum of a three year sobriety program.”))

I hope people don’t think he would actual do this. Basically, he is saying that something drastic needs to happen to her to get her the “forced” treatment that she needs to survive. That’s right to survive because she is in danger of killing herself with an overdose or alcohol poising. Or, she’ll kill herself when she is completely out of money.

Drew goes on to expand on the idea. ((“When I was asked as a father, if I were in Michael Lohan’s position, what would I do to help my daughter, I am clear that I would go to any lengths to get her to and retain her in treatment. Bringing legal consequences to bear is often the only alternative,”))

I can tell you that I have a family member that has had a constant battle with substance abuse and has for decades. He’s had the government butt in and force treatment and house arrest on him. I’m not for big government, but it does have a place when it comes to substance abuse. We need to force more substance users into treatment and less into jails and prisons.

Keep in mind that Lohan really needs drastic help right now, because she’s about to hit rock bottom. She’s partying all the time, and she’s in some serious debt. Dr. Drew is right in principle. And, other than Machete coming up, she has nothing planned in her acting career.

So, all you people outraged at Dr. Drew, get that huge stick out of your asses and relax. Lindsay Lohan doesn’t need you defending her substance habits.

Anyway, here’s Dr. Drew’s response to the entire BS.



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47