Saturday, July 18, 2009

New Terms

New Terms (From the Urban Dictionary)

elbow tag: When in a theater with shared armrests, the act of carefully adjusting one's posture so that your arm touches the arm of the person next to you, but not so much that they move their arm away.

Comment: I actually know about this one. I generally try to find a location where I can sit with both armrests free for my elbows. But, I usually let my elbows hang down when around other people, so I don’t have to touch them. I don’t like touching other people.

dick magnet: Used to refer to anything or anyone who easily attracts guys. Also used with straight guys who easily attract gay guys (My personal favorite).

Comment: What? To be fair, there was this straight guy that seemed to always have a few gay admirers. Actually, he had some strange encounters. Probably the only magnet I wouldn’t want. You can’t stick that magnet on the refrigerator.

Conversational Blue Balls: When someone brings up a topic when talking but immediately drops it and refuses to switch back to the dropped topic.

Comment: This happens all the time and it bothers me. Someone will get scatter brained and forget the juicy topic they brought up. I love this one, uh not the blue balls.

butter face: n. A girl who is hot, except for her (but her, butter) face.

Comment: Wow, I’m surprised this one wasn’t on Urban Dictionary before. There was a woman that had an amazing body, but not a smoking face to match. People used to call her Butters, and they told her friend about her nickname!

Pullin' a Palin: Quitting when the going gets tough; abandoning the responsibility entrusted to you by your neighbors for book advances and to make money on the lecture circuit.

Comment: Nice, this one made it into the Urban Dictionary. I’m going to have to start using this one. Has she read this? Now, I have one called “Pulling a Adam” for screwing up.

hotness hypnosis: When act of finding someone so physically attractive that you overlook serious flaws in their personality.

Comment: Yeah, this usually happens when I go to a strip club. I start talking to an attractive stripper, and think I could take her home for mom to meet. I’d forget that she “F’ing takes her clothes off for a living” as a serious flaw. Wait a minute. I shouldn’t be saying this. Beleted!

Hiking in Appalachia: To have an extramarital affair. Stems from the disappearance and subsequent reappearance of South Carolina Governor, Mark Sanford(R). Gov. Sanford was thought to be hiking in Appalachia. In actuality, he was having an affair in the South American country of Argentina.

Comment: Can one “Pull a Palin” and “Hike in Appalachia” at the same time? Is that even physically possible to do?

This guy knows what I'm talking about: An expression used to diffuse responsibility for an unpopular statement made in a public setting. Typically used to imply complicity or collusion on the part of an unwilling stranger.

Comment: Me: “Hey have you ever ‘Hiked in Appalachia’ with another woman? This guy right here knows what I’m talking about, eh?”

2 comments:

MC said...

I've been looking through a site called TV Tropes as of late, and it is increasing my vocab as well.

Especially in the gaming section... I think I am going to be using the terms "Nintendo Hard" (I know you know EXACTLY what that is just from the term), "That One Boss", and "Adam Smith Hates Your Guts" for a while now.

Semaj said...

I've been reading through those links. I love that site. Thanks for the heads up. I hope I can bring up a post about one of those

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47