Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dropped my MP3 Player in the water…

Dropped my MP3 Player in the water…

Damn it, this year has really sucked for me. I really can’t get into why it has been a shitty year. This accident is just another pile on.

As I was listening to a podcast, I had my “Philips mp3 player go gear aria 8gb” player drop into the kitchen sink right into a small pot of water. (A small pot!) It could have dropped anywhere in the sink, but it had to drop into the pot of water. My first thought was, “Well, shit.”

I reached in and got it out.

Right now, it is not working. So I sat it in front of a fan at full blast to dry it out. If I can’t get it to work, I’m going to buy the 16 GB one. I mean I really can’t live without my MP3 player. I use it to block out people and noise, plus I listen to a lot of Podcasts.

I’ve never done this before.

I’ve been doing research. http://www.fixya.com/support/t127058-dropped_in_water

I’ll keep you updated.



6 comments:

PJ said...

I feel your pain; a few years ago I dropped my pda in a toilet. Lost a few contacts and documents.

Semaj said...

Thanks for the for the pat on the back. I think it is starting to work.

Anonymous said...

I dropped y Philips GoGear in my bath water a few days after I got it and it was still on !! I tried to turn it on, no luck. I used a knf9e to oepn it and that didn't work. I'm still hoping I can get it to work.

Semaj said...

Sadly, mine died after a day of malfunctioning. I'm looking at the dead thing right now as I type this.

Heidi Nelle said...

I dropped mine in water a little over a year ago, I think? Or almost a year ago? Obviously it's since been dried out. However, I cannot get it to charge, nor can I get it to play any music/power on. it responds to being plugged into the computer, it'll let me put files onto it, but it won't play anything. I'm thinking it is now just a glorified 8GB portable flash drive :(

Semaj said...

That's happened to mine too! I lost two of them. One happened when I was caught in a heavy rain storm.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47