Monday, July 06, 2009

Megan Fox vs. Michael Bay (the space-head vs. the hotshot D-bag)

Megan Fox vs. Michael Bay (the space-head vs. the hotshot D-bag)

(more reading from Slash Film)

Look, I like Michael Bay. With all the glaring flaws, I’ve enjoyed his movies. But, he is a d-bag. There is no way around it. The man makes pretentious statements that even the biggest Bay apologist can’t defend.

So, it shocks me when he I side with him on the attacks from airhead Megan Fox. It seems Fox can't stop making remarks about Bay and the movie Transformers II.

From the LA Times,

((She told EW for its cover story: "Unless you’re a seasoned veteran, working with Michael Bay is not about an acting experience." She then added that the movie "did give me a career and open all these doors for me. But I don’t want to blow smoke ... . People are well aware that this is not a movie about acting." ))

Uh, this goes under stating the obvious. This is more than biting the hand that feeds you. I'm getting the smell of PR people behind some of these statements. Keep in mind that the TF movie is getting ripped by critics. But, a great deal of the hate is directed toward Megan Fox's acting.

She's getting a lot of negative buzz over her performance. (When people say the CGI robots are better her acting, something is wrong.) In my opinion, she is the second biggest thing wrong with the movie, right after the damn Twins. Her acting is worst than before.

It feels like her PR people are trying to force the blame on Bay for her bad acting. I have no proof of this, but actors have done this before. And, Bay is an easy target. (He makes himself an easy mark.)

Of course Bay shot back at Fox,

(("Well, that’s Megan Fox for you. She says some very ridiculous things because she’s 23 years old and she still has a lot of growing to do. You roll your eyes when you see statements like that and think, “OK Megan, you can do whatever you want. I got it. But I 100% disagree with her. Nick Cage wasn’t a big actor when I cast him, nor was Ben Affleck before I put him in 'Armageddon.' Shia LaBeouf wasn’t a big movie star before he did 'Transformers' -- and then he exploded. Not to mention Will Smith and Martin Lawrence from 'Bad Boys.' Nobody in the world knew about Megan Fox until I found her and put her in 'Transformers.' I like to think that I’ve had some luck in building actors’ careers with my films." ))

I hate to say it, but I agree with him. (I disagree with Nick Cage one though.)

Instead of mouthing off about a movie based on an 80's cartoon show, she should prove to us that she is more than a pretty face by acting. (What a lovely face too) Megan Fox reminds me of those pretty airheads that want people to believe they were smart back in high school.

We'll have to wait and see with Jennifer’s Body.

(Is this a backdoor way of getting out of doing Transformers III?)

4 comments:

PJ said...

Not good to bite the hand that feeds you. She was the eye candy, no acting required to do the slo-mo boob show.

Semaj said...

Slo-mo boob show, man I have to remember that! She runs around and kisses Shia. That's pretty much her role.

MC said...

You know, I actually sort of defended Michael Bay on Lee's newest Podcast... of course, it was in comparison to Uwe Boll, so you have to keep that in mind.

Semaj said...

Lol, we all know how much you hate Boll. Bay gets a lot of flack from Critics, but I felt he should have taken some heat for 'The twins'

I've been loving the podcast, havn't downloaded the new one. I still get a kick out of your Corey Feldman comments.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47