Friday, July 27, 2007

Reno 911!: Miami

Reno 911!: Miami (Unrated Cut)

Well, I can’t say I can recommend this movie to anyone. As an Internet reviewer, I really can’t. Yet, I found myself laughing at certain parts and being ashamed of myself later. Based on the show Reno 911!, the story takes place in Miami. When a bio-terrorist attack puts the entire Miami police force out of commission, Reno’s police force takes over.

The movie really has no redeeming value, but I still found myself liking certain parts of the movie. I thought the incident where the police have to get rid of a dead whale on a topless beach was hilarious. And, you see, like the show, there are a collection of random set pieces that really have no connection to the central plot other than they all take place in Miami. People may find this style of storytelling uneven and troubling.

There really isn’t a reason to see this, unless you’re a fan of the show. And, I think Super Troopers did this type of story better. While I can’t fully recommend this movie, I wasn’t bored with it. And it was better than the Police Academy movies from 4-Mission to Moscow.

Grade: C-

Note: I thought the cameo by The Rock was also funny.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47