Friday, July 20, 2007

Grim Reaper out of a job

Someone is leaving...
Grim Reaper Mandy Patinkin is out from “Criminal Minds

((Patinkin, 54, asked to be released from his role as FBI profiler Jason Gideon last week, CBS Paramount Network Television and series producer ABC Studios said Monday in a statement.))

I like Patinkin as an actor. Heck, he’s a good actor. He was great in Dead Like Me.

((In a separate statement, Patinkin said his departure was the result of “creative differences” but didn’t elaborate.))

I really hate when these spin-docs use ‘creative differences’ when they should just say, “There was a lot of shouting and punching.” Or, “we hate each other.”

At least he’s not chasing a hurt TMZ guy down the street with his buddies or making some crazy anti-gay remarks over and over again.

Somewhere, Isaiah Washington is thinking, “Finally there’s someone to hate more than me. Thank you, Gary Dourdan.”

Patinkin could always hang out with Washington.

5 comments:

MC said...

I just want to hear what was going on in Patinkin's world when he made the decision to leave.

Anonymous said...

that stinks, maybe he's holding off for an Inigo Montoya spinoff lol

paul

Semaj said...

MC: I do too, I heard that the producers made a statement about he not showing up for work. But, I'm sure there's much more to it.

Paul: I had totally forgotten that he was in the Princess Bride. I'd love to see that spin off.

Knicks: Sound like PPP shit to me. No thank you, Miss (?)

MC said...

It is starting to emerge that the subject matter which the show deals with may have been part of it(as Patinkin was having trouble letting go of the stuff that was going on with the show.)

Semaj said...

Okay, that makes more sense than some of the other stories coming out about his departure.

Thanks for the update

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47