Monday, July 09, 2007

When Audiences leave the theater

When Audiences leave the theater

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/talking_pictures/2007/07/if-a-film-made-.html

Comment: I almost never walk out of a movie, but I have twice for different reasons. (Note: I believe MC also made a post similar to this one)

The ones I walked out on

Ocean's Twelve: I had to leave this movie because it ran longer than I expected and I had to go to work. While I wasn’t a huge fan of this movie, I would have never walked out.

Constantine: I went to a theater and the sound quality was bad and I didn’t want to sit through a messed up theater

The ones I should have walked out on or almost did.

Miami Vice: I knew the first 10 minutes in that I needed to leave the theater. The movie was boring and bad. Yet, I couldn’t leave because my friends were there as well.

Judge Dredd: I sat through this as everyone else in the theater left at the halfway point.

Batman & Robin: Yep, I sat through this piece of crap. “Cool out.”

In & Out: Interesting concept, but it was poorly completed. It was just boring.

Side Note (Boobs and ratings)

Another thing to note about the link above

((We've heard from a lot of people--a lot of people--who fled the film "Knocked Up" in a state of sullied anger, aghast that such foul language and ignoble behavior and explicit birthing footage entered their lives disguised as a contemporary relationship comedy. Meantime a lot of other people laughed enough to tell their friends and turn the film into a big hit.))

I see this all the time. It is always an older couple too, old folks. Do these folks realize what they’re in store for? Hell, back in the 80s you got bare boobs in PG and PG-13 movies. Because of my love of boobs and movie boobs, Here’s are a few examples

Just One of the Guys: This was a f’ing PG-13 movie and at the end the female character removes her top to show that she’s really a girl…in a PG-13 movie. Joyce Hyser was so hot in that scene.

Doc Hollywood: Julie Warner gets out of the lake fully nude and it was a PG-13 film. Man, she was hot in that movie; I've always found her to be attractive. Hell, even today.

5 comments:

MC said...

I did a meme where one of the questions was about walking out of a movie.

I remember a lot of people walked out of "Kids in the Hall present Brain Candy"

Semaj said...

Funny that you had mention that Kids in the Hall movie, because I just heard a podcast that mentioned that movie.

I'm curious, how did you feel about that movie?

I tried watching it on HBO years ago, but couldnt finish it.

MC said...

I will watch it when it is on tv, but it isn't that good. The show is so much better.

Semaj said...

Cool, yeah I liked the show as well. I'm not sure why they went with a completely different style of humor for the movie.

MC said...

I am just disappointed they didn't use more of the recurring characters that people loved... Danny Love, Bobby, the Kathys, Darill... and especially Bruno Ponce-Jones and Franchescha Fiore.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47