Monday, July 09, 2007

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Man, this movie stunk up my DVD player. Going ahead and renting the movie, I was fully aware of the bad buzz this movie received from the moviegoers and critics. I heard first hand from a young lady how bad this movie really was. However, being that I am a movie nut, I forced myself into renting it. I really regret my decision.

This movie is bad, really bad. The line readings are bland and the acting all around is just bad, seriously horrific. I mean no one even tries to act in this movie not even Nicolas Cage. Cage just sleepwalks through the entire movie. Eva Mendes is beyond terrible in this movie; she looks like she’d rather be in coffee shop, listening to poetry than doing this movie. There are some mildly entertaining moments with Sam Elliott as the caretaker.

The story plays itself too safe. It has some of the worst villains since The Covenant. I really mean that these lame villains appeared to have walked right out of that movie and into Ghost Rider. The CGI is badly done with some of the worst music to a movie I’ve ever heard. I want to know why this movie was even made?

Grade D-

______________________Flame On

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More like flame off, i seriously was disappointed with this movie, one of the worst adaptations, and one that wasnt very hard to do. The comics are more lifelike than Cage, and they have used that terrible 'dance' in this movie, where he fights them one by one, and the other baddies just look on most of the time, and the worst pick of the lot.

Semaj said...

lol, I'm with you there. This movie could have been so much better with maybe an added 5 million to the FX and a better script.

I agree the actual drawings are more life like than the what was on screen. They could have gone further with the whole Ghost Rider/Jonny Blaze conflict.

This could have been so much better

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47