Monday, July 16, 2007

Transformers (Part 2of 3)

Probably one of the best sequences in the movie has to be when the rest of the Autobots arrive to Earth. I just liked the way the entire sequence was handled. It felt more like a Steven Spielberg moment than Bay’s stuff. I really enjoyed watching as each Autobot finds a car to scan and change into.

Then there’s the moment we see Optimus Prime in all his glory and he speaks. Peter Cullen brings so much power and wisdom to the role that I think another actor would not be able to fit in as well. Prime was our hero during the 80s and hearing his voice brought me back to that time. I also liked Jazz’s little handstand/spin movie when he transforms. This goes back to the old show when Jazz would leap whenever he transformed. Ironhide felt like the same character from the old show, but this time Cullen didn’t do the voice for this new version.

As for the Decepticons, this was where the film faltered for me. There is very little character development or interaction between the main bad guys. On the cartoon show, we learned just as much about the good guys as we did about the bad guys. Let this be known, I loved the way the Decepticons transformed of behaved throughout the movie. They acted very animal like.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47