Monday, January 16, 2006

Braga on tv

Wow what a jerk.

Braga

I was flipping through the channels, when I came across Brannon Braga on G4tv. The chick on the Attack of the Show was interviewing this guy. He came across as a major ass. I didn’t like this guy at all. He made a few remarks about the fans hating him because he didn’t watch the original Star Trek show.

He truly believes Enterprise simply ended early and didn’t really get canceled. Huh?

After making a statement about never wanting to go back to Star Trek, now he says he wouldn’t rule out returning in a few years. I guess having your beloved Threshold show canceled will force you to change your mind.

I really hate this guy.

Ron Moore bashing

Not to just attack Braga, so now to his former writing partner. Moore is kind of getting on my nerves too. (I still like him, I really do. As a writer, I really look up to him). However, can Ron Moore go through one interview without bashing Star Trek? He seems to take great delight at comparing the two series. Uh, one is Star Trek and the other is BSG. After two seasons, you would think he would talk about just his show.

Now, I don’t want to come across as just bashing him. The guy was a fan of the old show and had Q&A with fans at the AOL message boards. So, he’s a great guy, but the man shouldn’t still be bitter about the VOY gig.

Then again here I am still bashing Braga, so just ignore the whole Moore section…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, to defend moore, he just seems extremely passionate about his work, and to see a production company end up pissing on him after all the investment he has put into the ST shows, i can see that bitterness take a few years to go away. the trek basing does get really annoying at times, even when listening to the episode commentaries of BSG: Season 1. he does seem to take things a bit too far. it does hurt him professionally when he does that, but hey, it hasn't been enough to derail me from BSG.

paul

Semaj said...

Oh, yeah, the final straw for him was when he was screwed over by his writing partner.

He seems to forget that he got his start on Star Trek, (thanks to the late Mike Piller)

But, you're right. of all people, I should understand exactly what he's going through.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47