Friday, January 27, 2006

Another Bum story

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, after my first class, I have about an hour and 30 mins of free time. So, I was thirsty and I love good slushies, so I hopped into my car and headed over to the local Shell gas station to pick up a slushie. They have a really good Hawaiian Punch flavor.

I parked in front and turned off the car. I got three dollars out of my pocket, holding them in my hand. As I slowly got out of the car, I saw one of the most frightening images ever, a female bum (Or crackhead). She was missing some of her yellow teeth and her hair was nappy and dirty. Her dirty jacket was way too large for her. She looked like crap, and I am sure she smelled like it too.

She approached me; I took a few steps back. Oh, shit, I though.

“Excuse me,” she managed to say. Her voice was shaky and low.

I rolled my eyes. Here it comes…

“I’m not feeling well. Can you take me to the hospital?”

Now this caught me completely off guard. Can’t you call 911?

I shook my head, “No, sorry.” (What the hell? Do I look like I drive crack heads around the city? I am not a crackhead taxi. I’m sure she wanted to rob me.)

With my head lowered, I headed for the entrance, but she wasn’t done.

“Well, can you give me some money?” she said unfazed.

At this point, I’m getting really pissed. I realized she saw the hand full of dollars I had. I looked down at the dollars and back up to her. “No, can’t do that.” Now, the anger in voice wasn’t hidden. I came in here to get a damn slushie. Not to hand out money; I’m not Jack Abramoff.

I went inside, and looked back. She was still standing by my car, waiting for me to come out! I started to worry a bit, because I thought she was going to break into my car and steal crap. I didn’t want to beat down a crackhead woman that had one shoe that day. It’s just not my thing.

Lucky, Shell Gas Stations mangers came outside and kicked her out of the area. But, for the rest of my day I was freaked out by the notion of her wanting to ride in my car. As a rule I don’t drive crackheads around town. (Hot non-Hookers, yes)

Oh, by the way, the slushie kicked ass.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47