Thursday, December 18, 2014

Uh, The Interview is canceled

Uh, The Interview is canceled
Wow, I am really pissed off about this story, but torn too.
IGN is claiming that the Feds believe that North Korea is the one behind the attacks against Sony. However, it looks like they hired some hackers in China to do the dirty deed. 
  Here's the thing; this now opens the door for anyone that's offended by a movie to threaten violent attacks on a movie or video game release. However, we do know that people can and will carry out mass shootings and bombing to get their points across such as the Boston bombing and the theater shooting. It only takes one to scare the shit out of people.
However, this still makes me mad and I can't believe I am siding with Newt Gingrich today. From Newt's Twitter Page, ((No one should kid themselves. With the Sony collapse America has lost its first cyberwar. This is a very very dangerous precedent. ))
I was actually going to see this movie to support Seth and the studio, but now we won't get to see it. Also, it should be noted that the movie would have made its budget back due to it being around 45 million. And, I can't yell at Sony because all you need is one shooting and a lot of people are going to blame you for it. I honestly can't see how Sony could have gotten out of this.
Damn, I am speechless. I can't believe this happened.
I'll have more to say some time later. 
 

2 comments:

MC said...

This is why The Interview was ultimately canned.

http://deadline.com/2014/08/cinemark-aurora-theater-shooting-lawsuit-jury-dark-knight-rises-820639/

Semaj said...

You're right on the money, and fully know that NK is capable of some crazy shit like that ax incident on the DMZ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_murder_incident
or that NK kidnapped that famous director
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Sang-ok

Yeah, the lawsuits will be over the top, bc I think NK would go through with it sadly.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47