Monday, December 29, 2014

No more Jack Ryan for Chris Pine

No more Jack Ryan for Chris Pine

Movie-fone did an interview with Chris Pine (Captain Kirk) where he revealed he's not coming back for another Jack Ryan movie.
From Moviefone, ((No. I don't think it made enough money for that to happen. That's one of my deep regrets, that we didn't totally get that right. It's a great franchise and if it's not me then I hope it gets a fifth life at this point. It's just great. I love the spy genre. I hope it's done again and with a great story. ))
 Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit was somewhat a disappointment for the studio and Paramount strangely released the movie in January of this year. January is a dumping ground for studios to get rid of movies they don't have faith in. The movie was supposed to be released in Dec 2013, but got pushed back. This is clearly an indication that the studio wasn't pleased with the finished product.
I found it strange that they decided to do a reboot considering the last one was a reboot too. So, you had a reboot of a reboot to some sequels. Strange. I also got some Alex Cross vibes from this movie too, and we know how that movie turned out. Oh boy.
It is refreshing to see a star speak frankly about a project. I know that Rogen wasn't pleased with The Green Hornet. 
Some reboots work like the James Bond one while others don't work. 
 

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47