Sunday, December 14, 2014

Battlefield Earth (Repooped) (Mega Post) With Endless options for renewal. Endless options for renewal.

  Battlefield Earth (Repooped) (Mega Post)
I LOVE to hate this movie.  Like me, the Internet loves to take a shit on this piece of shit.  And, they're right.  BE is that bully that finally got its ass kicked and now everyone is taking a kick or punch for paybacks.  I find the more I watch, the more pure golden comedy I discover in each scene.
I actually tried explaining this shitty movie to is a movie fan like myself, but I'm not sure I conveyed the sheer shitty nature of said movie. Heck, I even tried to explain to him that the main villain tries to prove how much of a badass he was by shooting the legs off some damn cows. Slow Moving Cows!!!  We got a badass villain here.  I guess he's going to make us hamburgers too. 
 Vader never had to do this.  
I kind of like the fact that David Miscavige had something to do with this shitty movie. I also like that Tom Cruise even hated the movie. Mr. Scientology himself hated the movie.
For me, it might be the worst movie I can sit down and watch all the way through. Keep in mind I can't finish The Room. BE on the other hand needs to be watched over and over again because it is on such an epic fail made by people completely detached from reality. John Travolta is supposed to have healing powers with his hands.
I also love that a studio working on the film stole money from the actual production. From IMDB, ((The investor, Intertainment, sued producer Franchise Pictures for fraud. Franchise claimed the budget was $75 million instead of the actual budget of $44 million. Franchise Pictures were sentenced to pay Intertainment $121.7 million in damages and went bankrupt. Intertainment only financed the film because it came as a package deal with The Art of War (2000) and The Whole Nine Yards (2000). ))
Interainment didn't want anything to do with the movie, but it got lumped in. Also, this happened with the funding of Superman IV too. Either Golan-Globus Productions or Cannon Films skimmed a portion of the intended budget of Superman IV off the top and funded other movies. Isn't this illegal? 
My favorite reaction is Kim Coates'. He clearly is not a fan of it despite the fact he was in it.
I loved the famous boardroom scene.
Klinko vs. Chinko
Yes, that's extremely racist. L Ron supposedly named the knowledge AI after a racial slur. However, the script writers changed the name. L Ron wasn't a fan of races other than white. I guess his alleged hatred of Asian people found its way into his books. 
Now, who is more racist those Klinko aliens or the villains from Episode I? 
  Now, the best part is John Travolta does NOT regret making (spearheading) BE. Not one bit.
From Daily Beast, ((No way, are you kidding? Why would I ever regret that? I had the power to do whatever I wanted, and I chose to do a book that I thought was worthy of making into a movie. It’s a beautiful film. It’s a good movie. Again, the media angle confused the movie with… ))
Holy, Xenu, JT, you actually even shocked me with that response. He's completely delusional. I also remember him talking about doing some sequels just as the movie was starting to bomb. I guess somewhere L Ron is looking down on JT and smiling.
And, the best comment has to go to a person from flickeringmyth.com by the commenter Endless options for renewal ((Endless options for renewal. Endless options for renewal. Endless options for renewal. Endless options for renewal.))
BTW, I actually know someone that loves and defends this movie. He even gave a copy of the movie as gift to another friend. I actually laughed in his face when he told me the movie is a great action movie. Ever time he defended the movie, I felt compelled to remind him why I felt differently. (Though, he did introduce me to DBZ and I got to watch his entire collection of the series up to the first part of the Boo saga)  Later the other friend told me, “That was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Why does he like this movie so much?  I wasn't going to break his heart and tell him that.”
I've been watching a bunch of reviews for about the movie from various YT'ers and I've gotten a good chuckle out of it.




No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47