Monday, August 11, 2014

Robin Williams RIP

Robin Williams RIP
I just heard the news about his death.  I was shocked, but knew that he was dealing with depression and drug rehab.  Dealing with depression is hard, but he also had that drug problem too, which probably increased his issues.  This has hit me hard because I had to deal with depression severely over the last few years.
From Yahoo.com, ((In a brief statement, publicist Mara Buxbaum said Williams had been "battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time." ))
Anyway, I am truly sad to see him go. 
I was more into his movie and TV roles than his stand up stuff. While his movies roles weren't always great, his willingness to taken on interesting roles has to be noted though.  
Some of his early work...
The Richard Pryor Show :  I remember watching clips of this show and this was his first steady TV gig. 
Happy Days :  This was where Mork got his start. People tend to forget Mork and Mindy spun-off from HD.
Popeye  : I remember watching this movie over and over again as a child. Despite how you feel about the movie, you have to give Williams credit for his depiction of Popeye.
Mork & Mindy : I grew up watching reruns of this show.
Good Morning, Vietnam  : I remember this movie being a huge deal back in the day. My parents would watch this a lot. I didn't get the attraction to the movie until I was older.
Hook : I didn't like this movie when it first came out, but it has gotten better for me over the years. His take on a lost older Peter Pan is pretty entertaining.
Aladdin  : I loved this character.
Toys  : Strange movie. I wrote about this one a few months ago.
Mrs. Doubtfire  : This hasn't held up that well. I guess this means the sequel is not going forward.
Homicide: Life on the Street : Often overlooked, but he had a wonderful part in this episode.




No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47