Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Soda Ad with a twist...

A Soda Ad with a twist...
Sodastream, you actually got me with this ad. I truly believed this was a Superbowl follow up ad to those Pepsi vs. Coke ads from way back. I love this ad because you truly think you're watching an old from the two big companies.
And, the best part is Pepsi and Coke both got a little upset with this and this version of the SodaStream ad won't be on TV. From Adage.com, ((As reported earlier, CBS rejected the company's initial attempt at a Super Bowl spot. Reportedly, the content of the spot concerned CBS because it was a direct hit at two other Super Bowl sponsors and heavy network TV advertisers, Coke and Pepsi. ))
SodaStream went as far as making the Coke guy look like the one in that Pepsi ad. I love this type of advertising. I find it strange that both Coke and Pepsi have used “mean” ads like this before at each other. And, they use each others' trademarks in their competing ads. 
  Here's the ad that is going to be used in the Superbowl.

My favorite...

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47