Friday, January 25, 2013

Wow, Microsoft, you actually made a good ad. Internet Explorer


Wow, Microsoft, you actually made a good ad.  Internet Explorer
Most of their ads are annoying or annoyingly funny. (Dub Step, Microsoft, really?) Most of the time it feels like old uncool people trying to be cool. But, this ad is actually fun, and it brings back all the nastgia of the 90s without it seeming hokey.
Makes me wish to go back to that Internet age when you ad either IE or Netscape ( I was Netscape).  How about those hours spent talking in AOL chat or IM?  Now, we have people arguing over tweets.  

~Troll Doll: “At least a Troll was still a friend.”: F' you I hated those troll toys. They looked like the Olsen Twins. I never understood why people got these things. (I'm talking about the troll dolls and not the Twins.)
~Fanny Pack: There was a period when these packs were consider cool. Heck, I used one on my bike as an extra pack for years, tied it around the backseat. Now, Fanny Packs are used by has-been wrestlers and pumped up d-bags.

~Supersoaker: I kind of hated these things. Okay, the little water gun was fine, but these giant 3-liter monsters were crazy.
~Sony Walkman: Kind of ironic that they show a Walkman, (without the Sony logo) in the ad given that Sony and Microsoft are competitors. And, yes I owned one of these things and proud of it.
~Did the Reebok Pump just blow up in the ad? Was it using Windows Vista?
~Hungry-Hungry Hippos: Yes, I had this toy when I was young. My brother and I was play it all the time. It was loud too.
~The Chain on the Wallet: I hated this trend too. People actually still used these, mostly hipsters. And, also there was and is the keys on a chain.




No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47