Monday, February 11, 2008

Shaka, when the walls fell (More fallout from the Jeff Gerstmann firing)

Shaka, when the walls fell (More fallout from the Jeff Gerstmann firing)

Ryan Davis is another editor that left Gamespot.

((The final entry in Davis' blog at GameSpot, written after Gerstmann's departure, reads in part: "Jeff's gone, and I'm not afraid to say that it absolutely breaks my heart... this marks the end of an era for both GameSpot and myself, a fact that doesn't seem to be getting any less upsetting for me." ))

I hate that these reviewers have lost their jobs, but I think this makes sure people are reminded of the true injustice here. It isn't the firing of Gerstmann, but that marketing has control over the journalist side of video gaming reviews. If a company doesn't like a review, that writer of that review could very well lose his job, or worst see his work re-edited by the people in marketing. This is a very dangerous time for writers now.

For a better view of the growing bad press and the bigger picture, read this opinion piece. He sums up everything that's happened so far. Also from the link above (11 out of 10 video)

What does Gerstmann think of all this?

Captain Dathon: Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Shaka, when the walls fell.

5 comments:

Mayren said...

Alls I can say is

"Timba his arms wide"

Blayde said...

lol, Trekkies!!

Semaj said...

Mayren: What a great episode with great lines,

Blayde: Yeah, I some times even start saying Trek lines in open public. I alway get a kick out the people that get it.

MC said...

Hmmm... I feel sad to say this, I really do, but here goes:

Gilgamesh and Enkidu, at Uruk

Semaj said...

Lol! Hell Yeah.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47