Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Golden Raspberry Awards (Part 1 of 3)

Golden Raspberry Awards (Part 1 of 3)
Again, it is my favorite time of the year. Forget about the Oscars. I could care less about those awards, but I get a kick out of failures. And, I do this every year, so here we go.
  Fantastic Four (20th Century Fox) – Simon Kinberg, Matthew Vaughn, Hutch Parker, Robert Kulzer, Gregory Goodman : This tied as a winner with Fifty Shades. I heard so much bad stuff went on behind the scenes. The director went crazy and treated his actors like shit. The studio reshot the entire third act, which made the movie really uneven. Entire subplots were dropped. I can't wait to watch this mess. I wrote about
Fifty Shades of Grey (Universal/Focus Features) – Michael De Luca, Dana Brunetti, E. L. James : Tied with FF. I've tried watching this mess, but I can't sit through 2 minutes of it. I can't do it. That guy from SOA was originally cast as Grey, but he dropped out. Smart move. The book started out as a fan-fiction book for Twilight. That should tell you everything about the story.
Jupiter Ascending (Warner Bros.) – Grant Hill, The Wachowskis: Damn, this is a big budget piece of shit movie. This is really lame. This movie so of ended the Wachowskis' run as movie directors and they deserved it too.
Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (Columbia) – Todd Garner, Kevin James, Adam Sandler: Why did we need another Paul Blart movie so long after the first movie. The movie might be one of the worst things I've seen last year. If FF wasn't such a mess, this probably should have won.
Pixels (Columbia) – Adam Sandler, Chris Columbus, Mark Radcliffe, Allen Covert: Review is coming up. I'm putting the finishing touches on it. I can say the movie is rather dull from an acting stand point.

 
Josh Trank - Fantastic Four : The Winner: Did Trank get screwed by Fox? Probably, but he did a lot of things behind the scenes that made him seem petty. He hated his female lead and treated her like shit because the studio forced her on him. Then, there was that story about his dogs destroying a rental house. I heard there was a police report. Trank would later pretend there were no problems between him and the studio under one of Kevin Smith's podcast, then he would later blast the movie and studio.
Andy FickmanPaul Blart: Mall Cop 2 : Director merely for hire? There is nothing compelling about the direction and feels like an 90s comedy show...on Fox.
Tom SixThe Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence): Is this series still a thing? Why are these movies still around?
The WachowskisJupiter Ascending: They seem to have followed George Lucas in the way they made movies. I have no faith in their storytelling and directing abilities. I think they should have won though.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47