Friday, March 25, 2016

Gary Shandling RIP

Gary Shandling RIP
From NBC, ((Garry Shandling, the envelope-pushing comedian best known for playing a fictional talk show host on "The Larry Sanders Show," died Thursday in a Los Angeles-area hospital, NBC News has learned. He was 66. ))
Damn. I grew up watching his fourth wall-breaking It's Garry Shandling's Show and that show was strange. However, my nerd buddies and I would watch it every week. Then, I fell in love with the Larry Sanders Show on HBO. It gave us a good insight into the crazy stuff that went on behind the scenes of a late night talk show.
He then went on to reinvent himself with being a character in the Marvel Universe. He played Senator Stern in both Iron Man 2 and Captain America 2. I loved seeing his character in Captain 2 and it explains why he wanted Iron Man's suit in IM2.
He died from a heart attack and that hits rather close to me. I nearly died from heart failure last year and spent an entire week in the hospital. My heart is now at 75%, but it was touch and go there for a while. 

Anyway, RIP, Gary.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47