Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Tribeca Film Festival anti-vaxxer Pulls Doc

So, the Tribeca Film Festival is pulling the anti-vaxxers documentary. While I truly-truly hate the anti-vaxxers movement and think they're misguided, they should have the right to have their movie viewed at the festival.
Look, these sort of places are for people to view films and then discuss them. If this movie is on shaky ground as far as facts are concerned, then let the audience and critics rip the movie apart. However, at least let the movie stand on its own despite the foolishness of the facts and ideas presented in the film.
Here's the statement via vanityfair.com ((My intent in screening this film was to provide an opportunity for conversation around an issue that is deeply personal to me and my family. But after reviewing it over the past few days with the Tribeca Film Festival team and others from the scientific community, we do not believe it contributes to or furthers the discussion I had hoped for. The Festival doesn't seek to avoid or shy away from controversy. However, we have concerns with certain things in this film that we feel prevent us from presenting it in the Festival program. We have decided to remove it from our schedule.” ))
So, the thing you fully believe in won't get its day in the Festival, Robert? The whole point of these places is to present, discuss, argue and debate. Show the movie and then get your ass handed to you when people poke holes in your facts. BTW, I can't believe De Niro is one of these anti-vaxxers crazies.
I can't believe I am defend the anti-vaxxers. What is this world coming to? What is next? Am I going to defend flat Earth and hollow moon people? Crap.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47