Tuesday, January 12, 2016

David Bowie RIP

David Bowie RIP
From CNN.com, ((Bowie died Sunday after an 18-month battle with cancer, his publicist Steve Martin told CNN. "David Bowie died peacefully today surrounded by his family after a courageous 18 month battle with cancer," said a statement posted on his official social media accounts. "While many of you will share in this loss, we ask that you respect the family's privacy during their time of grief." ))
I had now idea he had passed or he was sick until I checked my wiki app on my phone. He was on the front page. He was only 69 years old. While I knew about his early work, but I remember his later work as being interesting to me.
For pop cultural sake, I have to bring up Labyrinth because you can't mention Bowie without this movie. It is such a strange choice for a villain, but it works in a silly manner. And, yes his pants and bulge should receive a credit in the movie. I also remembered that he was married to the stunning woman Iman, the shapeshifter in Star Trek VI, and stayed married to her until his death. That is shocking because famous people don't stayed married for long.
Of course there was a long running gag on Venture Brothers about David Bowie being a super villain, or at least a shapeshifter liking to look like Bowie. I loved those moments on the show. “The guy from Labyrinth?”
I loved his later songs.
Bowie's son is a film director/producer named Duncan Jones. He directed one of my favorite movie named Moon. And, I loved Source Code, plus he's doing the Warcraft movie. I had no idea he was Bowie's son.

Side note: Was Goldust from the WWF a reference/tribute to Ziggy Stardust?  




No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47