Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Uptown Funk Mark Ronson Ft. Bruno Mars

Uptown Funk Mark Ronson Ft. Bruno Mars
When I mention this is a throwback to the funk songs of the 80s, all the young people look at me with confusion. I keep forgetting funk/pop sort of missed them because they grew up in the 90s. Make no mistake this song is a tribute to Prince and Morris Day and the Time. It has that flashy horn section and that bright sound. I like how the young folks think this Bruno Mars sound is “new”. 
 Now, the music video is more of a tribute to Michael Jackson. It has the look of those mid 80s videos that MJ used to make. The outfits are clearly 80s right. I love the guy in the suit with no shirt. I remember that being a thing.
The music video is just plain cool with its 80's vibe.
The song is fun. It's catchy and makes me nod my head. I hear a lot of modern music and I get upset on how bland and stupid it sounds. Every time I turn on the hip-hop station, I get mad and turn it off in frustration. Hearing Uptown Funk is such a breath of fresh of air.
If I had one complaint, I wish the song had a 15 minute version like those disco songs from the 70s. Maybe, there is one.
-Check out all the 80s cars.
-Watch the older lady in the hair salon: She is actually getting into the song.
-Who knew getting your shoes shined would look cool?
-The Club scene is clearly a tribute to Morris Day and the Time
Anyway, before Prince takes it down, here's Morris Day and the Time's “The Bird”
Jungle Love

1 comment:

Irina Jade said...

cool blog, love that song!

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47