Sunday, May 24, 2015

Mr. Shyamalan (Airbender) just doesn't get it

Mr. Shyamalan (Airbender) just doesn't get it
MNS:  "I wrote the script while on the toilet.  In one sitting.  Even my shit scripts are genius."
I came across another amusing remark from our favorite director. It seems, in his mind, The Last Airbender was a hit. And, he made it for the fans. I wish that was true.
From IGN, (('Well, I'm going to make a movie about a kids show that my 10-year-old is watching and not make it for her. I make it for my guy friends.' ))
Actually, most guys (bros?) hated the movie because it wasn't even close to being the show. A lot of grown ups watched the show and complained the humor from the show wasn't translated to the big screen. MNS doesn't know how to do humor.
Is he just fooling himself into believing he's a masterful storyteller or just bullshitting us all? It is not only amusing how delusional he is, but sad.
I mean look at his credit card commercial. Even the ad shows how full of himself he is. Make sure you get an actress “gushing” over his body of work.
I remember him still talking about doing a sequel after everyone shitted on the movie. And, even the creators of the show pretend the movie never happened. It reminds me of the little known fact the Airplane movie producers refuse to watch Airplane II ever.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47