Thursday, May 14, 2015

Wait, Harry Shearer leaves The Simpsons

Wait, Harry Shearer leaves The Simpsons
Look, I don't watch the show anymore. However, I kind of figured he was on the outs when he didn't reprise his role for the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover. While I hate Nancy Cartwright, I always got the feeling that Shearer was the one that was the most difficult to work with on the show. And, as Matt said, I get the feeling at 70 he just doesn't give a shit anymore. I'm nearing a milestone myself and I find myself not caring about anything. 

It seems like it could have been about money, but I am guessing it has more to do with being tired of doing the show. I could be wrong. Doing the same thing over and over again can get tiresome.
I personally think the show has run its course and needs to end. FOX loves reliving its past glory by digging up old shows and bringing back, so keeping this dinosaur on the air seems like a FOX move to me. Heck, they brought back 24 and are bringing back The X-Files.
The roles he voiced will be recast. I believe there was a sound alike for one character on the Simpsons/Family Guy episode, so it can be done. 
Hey, he can reprise his role as Handsome Dan in Wayne's World 3.  

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47