Sunday, May 17, 2015

Jem and the Holograms (2015) trailer (Spoiler Alert: It Sucks)

 Jem and the Holograms (2015) trailer
This is truly-truly stupid. I hate being the neck-bearded geek with the Jem and the Holograms shirt, which is three times too small, but I have to be. This is not Jem and the Holograms. This is some shitty teen drama/comedy with a Justin Bieber origin story. What the f' is this shit?
I am a guy, but I watched Jem a few times here and there. It was made by the same people that made GI Joe and Transformers in the 80s. And, the show shares the same universe as those two shows. I am not making this up. I like these cartoon 80s shows.
I can't believe I am agreeing with a Mary-Sue post on the subject. It was about female empowerment with whole lot of pushing for kids to buy their shit. I know there are a lot women my age that grew up on Jem and the toys. They were the GI Joes for girls, the ones that didn't like GI Joe. This is what they get as far as a remake? It might be worst than what Bay is doing to the TMNT and TF franchises.
Where is the magic?
Where are the Misfits (They're going to get her)?
Where is the famous theme song?
Plus, they throw in Juliette Lewis to Space Church it up. Why?
 You have to love that the trailer has 7 thousands dislikes and 3k likes. People are really hating this trailer. Jem should be about a singer with magical powers and solving crimes not a bunch of girls getting angry at each other. If I wanted that shit, I'd watch the CW.
Here's what the show should be, but updated.



Maybe, they are "tricking" us and there will be magic. 

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47