Monday, May 23, 2011

Lady Gaga: Judas

Lady Gaga: Judas

First off, Judas is a very bad song even by Gaga’s standards, but the music video might just be okay.  To be far, Gaga can say the song is certainly original and not really copied or influenced by any other pop songs.  Being original doesn’t make it good.  I couldn’t even bother listening to the liyrics because they were delivered poorly.
The first minute of the (Not) Sons of Anarchy driving is actually done fairly nicely.  I love the color contrast of the muted bike colors and the bright purple color of Gaga’s shirt.  Nicely done.
Again, the religious visuals aren’t here for being profound or artistic, but to pushing buttons with the religious right.  So, we get a biker Jesus with gold crowns shacking up with Gaga.  Didn’t Madonna already do this with “Like a Prayer”?  Okay, I said I wasn’t going to make a comparison to Madonna in this review, but I can’t help it.
The music is grading to the point that it makes me wish for a remix of the song to see in the singing track would work better that way.  I mean the music is bad really bad.  Gaga sounds like the songs I used to make up while playing with my rubble duckie in the bathtub at age 2-4. 
-Some of the settings are actually pretty interesting, but I can’t get through the horrible music for another look.  Even the outfits are slightly cooler here. 
-I also like the splashing water bit too with Gaga.
-Gaga likes crying in the last few moments of her music videos.  Was it that painful for her to make the song? 
Grade: F
I would have given a higher grade if the song wasn’t as bad as it was.  

2 comments:

kabadi_walla said...

Well this proves, that anything that comes out of Gaga is not always good music.

Semaj said...

Yep, yep, I think some of her songs are okay, but this one is a total mess. for sure

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47