Tuesday, November 18, 2008

True Blood

True Blood seems to be catching on...

((The HBO series also benefits from proximity to this week's much-anticipated release of the "Twilight" movie, another spooky drama about a girl and the vampire who loves her. Another parallel: "Twilight" is also based on a literary series. (HBO, like CNN, is a unit of Time Warner.) ))

Alan Ball, Six Feet Under, is the headmaster behind this show. It has some Alan Ball moments too. Anna Paquin stars in the show. (The girl from X-Men)

I’m not going to lie; somehow this new show has gotten my attention. At first, I didn’t think I’d like the show, but overtime I can’t stop watching it. Plus, HBO makes it easier for me to watch it because they reshow it a few times in the week.

I think the concept is brilliant.

What would happen if the whole world discovered that Vampires were real and living among us?

I like how Vampires are considered second-class citizens, but the higher up vamps don’t like humans. It was also revealed there are shape shifters and werewolves in this universe as well. There’s something refreshing about seeing a real world mix with a fantasy world.

I'm looking forward to the season finale.

4 comments:

Mayren said...

well the concept was hand delivered to them by the Author of the now famous "Sookie Stackhouse" novels. I too like the series until recently.

TV shows from books obviously need tweaks tosucceed. no problem. At first the show at least kept the main character's story arc close to the novels. Now in the final 3 episodes of the season - we are in noman's land. Nothing is even close to the book anymore. We'll see what happens.

Semaj said...

Yeah, Ball tends to go in funky direction just to put people off. He tended to do that with Six Feet Under too.

I wasnt sure how much they kept to the books.

PJ said...

Thanks for the preview, it looks interesting and I'll try to track it down online as it probably won't be shown over here for a while (if ever).

Semaj said...

It takes a few episodes to get into, but I'd think you'd like it.

I think it'll be better than twilight that for sure. Then again, I'm a dude.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47