Monday, November 17, 2008

The Star Trek Trailer is online

The Star Trek Trailer is online

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/11/17/what-do-you-think-of-the-new-star-trek-movie-trailer/

Some of the stuff in the trailer is fairly entertaining. However, I’m not sure about the opening with the young adventurous James Kirk in an old car being chased by the police. It doesn’t ring true.

I do like the design of the new version of the Enterprise as well.

We do get some glimpses into the Romulans and a few other Federation ships as well. I’m still a bit on the fence on this movie.

Btw, was that Chris Pike in the Captain’s chair?

Did Steve Jobs create the new bridge?

2 comments:

PJ said...

Interesting trailer. I'm still not digging Kirk, but I'm warming to Spock a little. Enterprise looks great, and the effects look impressive, but overall it's still too young, clean and pretty for me.

I agree that the scene with the young Kirk seems a bit out of place, though I see why they used it. The moment when he launches himself out of the car looked a bit off to me, like he's supposed to be some superkid.

Semaj said...

the young kirk scene did get a big laugh in the theater I was in.

The opening with Kirk jumping out felt like a Micheal Bay moment.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47