Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Wil Wheaton and Shatner

Wil Wheaton talks about the reason he left the Star Trek TNG

http://itc.conversationsnetwork.org/shows/detail220.html#

Part two

http://itc.conversationsnetwork.org/shows/detail221.html#

He’s very honest about the mistakes he made in his acting career. He should have stayed on the show to the end, but you can’t tell a teenager anything. While I’m still not a fan of his work, I find his stories funny and honest.

The best story by far is his encounter with William Shatner.

(("Well?” He asked.

Oh no. He'd asked me a question, and I'd missed it.

Excuse me?” I replied.

I said, what do you do over there?" he asked. There was a challenge in his voice.

Oh, uh, well, I'm an acting ensign, and I sometimes pilot the ship." Maybe he'd be impressed that I'd already logged several hours at the helm of the Enterprise D, all before the age of 16.

Well, I'd never let a kid come onto my bridge.” He said, and walked away.))

This has been a legend in the trek rumors for years until Wil actually wrote about it. It really shows how insecure Shatner is about his fame and his role as Captain Kirk. For years, he bashed the TNG crew and felt threaten by them. His encounter with Wil was proof of that.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47