Wednesday, September 03, 2008

They're right...


One site I always get a kick out of is Stuff Educated Black People Like.

It is a type of Parody site that makes fun of educated BP, and sometimes we need a little jabbing.

There are some people take it too seriously.

Here's what's funny; Being a black man of some higher education, I tend to find myself agreeing with many of the points made on the site. I usually like things that the majority of black folks aren’t into.

Here are a few I agree with

#3 Baked Chicken: Yes, I like baked chicken. Mmm, chicken.

#12 Barack Obama: I tend to think more educated blacks like Obama because of his self-help message, many others like Jesse Jackson say “He’s talking down to us.” No, he's not.

#13 Talking About Uneducated Black People: This one is a biggie. We usually talk about that person among other educated black people. I've been guilty of this, and definitely when they act a fool in public.

#20 Correcting Others: Yeah, I'm guilty of this too. I really add my two cents when it is pop culture. If I hear someone stating something wrong about a song or a movie, I'll correct them. Than again, I'm the one they ask when they have a movie or pop trivial question.

There are more, but I just won't go through all of them.

2 comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47