Sunday, June 10, 2007

Transformers the Song? I hope not.

Man, I hope this isn’t true…Bay Changes the Main Theme to a Miami Vice type soundtrack song?

The people over at Film Junk have a post about some of the problems one guy has with some of the supporters of the movie. I grew up loving the Transformers and I've been on the fence about the developments coming from the Michael Bay camp. I do think the movie can be something more than just robots fighting other robots, but we have to remember that this is Bay doing the film. That’s the movie he’s going to make.

While I was impressed with the latest trailer, the rumor that AICN might have an mp3 of one of the songs from the upcoming film has gotten me a little worried. After downloading the clip from Harry's site, I am now hoping this song is just some smelly fanboys making the track up themselves. Steve Jablonsky is doing the actual composing of the score to the movie, which I’m sort of not thrilled about either. (Why not have Zimmer do it instead one of his Media Venture boys?) Better yet, why not have Vince DiCola do the score with Jablonsky.

Why not use the campy 80's rock intro from the movie instead of this New Age Rock/Rap mess?

Side Note: On the last link, listen to Ironhide’s voice. Is Ironhide the first redneck robot ever created?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind Jablonsky ... I enjoyed the 'The Island' soundtrack.

A big 'ugh' to MB though.

Semaj said...

The Island soundtrack had its moments such as the cues toward the end. I just hope he can handle the varying degrees of music from the three seasons from the show. While he should be free to use his own themes, I just hope he brings a few from the old show back for this new movie.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47