Wednesday, May 31, 2006

This could have been me...

This is going to be strange, but I currently know a killer, a murderer. Here’s how…

((A 23-year-old Louisville man was fatally shot outside a McDonald’s restaurant on La Grange Road near the Snyder Freeway Saturday night, and a co-worker has been charged with his death.))

((Larry Johnson, 23, of 3108 Church Way, near Hikes Point, died at University Hospital at 11:29 p.m. Saturday, said R.D. Jones, a Jefferson County deputy coroner. He had been shot once.

The shooting occurred about 10:30 p.m. Saturday after Johnson got into a fight with Raymal L. Rivers, 26, of Louisville in the parking lot, said Alicia Smiley, a spokeswoman for Louisville Metro Police.))

You see this guy named Raymal Rivers (Ray) used to work in the same work area as me at UPS. He was a creepy guy that started to get paranoid with everyone, thinking they were talking about him. He would wait out in the parking lot for people and shout out threatens to them. He would creep women out; he would follow them to their car and ask them out.

At one point, he came to me and told me to meet him out in the parking lot, so we could “settle the score”. I knew he wanted to attack me, but I didn’t know why. I also knew that he was very unstable and could’ve been capable of anything.

After he threatened me, I went to management and told them to do something with this guy. They transferred him out of my area, and everyone thanked me, because he was so crazy.

((Police believe Rivers went to his car, got a gun, came back and shot Johnson, Smiley said.

The men, who worked at a Kroger distribution center, had argued during a work break earlier, she said. She didn't know the reason for the conflict. ))

He of course, got fired from UPS some time later, for fighting and stuff. He must have gotten a job at the Distribution Center at Kroger. Notice that she said that they argued over their work break, well that was the way he acted. He would glare at people and threaten them when they were on break.

((About 3 a.m. yesterday, police charged Rivers with murder and tampering with physical evidence, Smiley said. He had left the restaurant, but he called police from his home, Smiley said.

Rivers also was charged with 12 counts of first-degree wanton endangerment because there were other people in the immediate area of the shooting, although none were injured, Smiley said. ))

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006605290346

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW RAY AND HE WAS NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL I. HAVE KNOW RAY FOR 12 YEARS AND HE HAS NEVER BEEN CREEPY OR THREATING.HE WAS A RESPECTFULL WELL SPOKEN YOUNG MAN OFTEN JUDGED BY OTHERS FOR THE WAY HE LOOKED.
HAVE YOU EVER SPOKEN TO HIM? HAVE YOU EVER SAID HELLO OR EVEN GOOD BYE TO HIM? YOU SHOULDN'T JUDGE PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW.I PRAY FOR RAY KNOW IN HIS TIME OF NEED I ALSO PRAY FOR THE FAMILY HE LOST THERE LOVED ONE. BUT MOST OF ALL I WILL PRAY FOR YOU THAT YOU CAN APPROACH PEOPLE YOU ARE AFRAID OF AND FACE YOUR FEARS. PEACE BE UNTO YOU:-)

Anonymous said...

I knew Ray. We went to school together and sat by each other in about all of our classes becase our last names were almost the same. Ray was a great guy and he was very respectful of me. I pray for ray as well as the family of the victim, sometimes all of us snap, unfortunatly forray it was the wrong way.

Anonymous said...

I don't know Ray but I know the victim's family and it was MY family. What a price to pay for "SNAPPING". Now my granddaughter has NO FATHER!! My daughter has NO HUSBAND and his, LARRY'S parents have NO SON, etc. on and on.

POOR RAY I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!

It's time for RAY to own his responsibility for his actions for SNAPPING!!!!

WAY PAST TIME!!!

Anonymous said...

I pray for the brother and his family. I knew his sister from some years back. Didn't get a chance to meet him. God Bless his family.

Anonymous said...

I worked at the distribution center with Ray...He was always on edge and always had a look on his face like he was ready to start trouble..I read another statement where someone said people judge him by the way he looked?..that the dumbest thing ive ever heard. he was a rude Creepy person who never went out of his way to help anyone at work. God will judge him but I hate him for what he did . Only a COWARD needs to get a gun after getting his ass kicked. He killed a good man who had just found out his bride to be was pregnant. I HOPE HE ROTS IN HELL!!!!

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47