Monday, June 27, 2005

Land of the Dead Review

Land of the Dead

Review by James

First off, I am not a huge fan of zombie movies. I just never really cared for them that much. Heck, I’m more of a Silent Hill fan than a Resident Evil fan. However, I can watch them and enjoy them on a basic level. The movie is a direct sequel to the other Romero movies. It’s set in a time when Zombies pretty much have free reign of the planet, except for zones where humans live. People from the zones from time to time have to raid local towns for supplies and food. In this movie, the Zombies have learned to evolve, and think more freely on a basic level. Some even learn how to use weapons.

There is humor in the movie, of the gore kind. The movie is full of sight gags, so try to catch them all. The movie is full of no name stars except for Dennis Hopper and John Leguizamo. Both are fairly good, but Dennis Hooper really steals the show. The action is good, and so is the gore-level. This is no wimpy PG-13 movie folks, it’s straight up R, with a bit of nudity thrown in.

It should be known that the movie has many flaws and logic issues. For one, there is the “ Big message”. Zombie aren’t really that bad “they’re just looking for a place.” What? The movie has no ending what so ever. It was as if the writers ran out of time and simply said, “Okay, let’s call this an ending.” Not a great movie, but entertaining, but do you want anything else from a Zombie movie?

Grade

C

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I have to pass. I can't sit through gory movies. It all goes back to when I was a young teenager and the local recreation club would play movies for the young'uns at midnight. One night they showed "Night of the Living Dead," and about around the 200th time a zombie's intestines spilled out, I vomited out my Boston Baked Beans.

Semaj said...

Oh, yeah, I understand. I was kind of the same way. And this movie has a lot of gore in it. It would have been better without the paper thin plot.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47