Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Star Trek Discovery in major trouble?

Star Trek Discovery in major trouble?
I haven't kept up with the production of the new Star Trek show. I knew that the production was filming and that VOY/DS9 writer Bryan Fuller was in charge of the production and it was his baby. I have been a long time Trekker, but I wasn't interested in the new Trek product.
Yet, I just found out that Fuller parted ways with the production.
From Newsweek, ((Ultimately, with my responsibilities [elsewhere], I could not do what CBS needed to have done in the time they needed it done for Star Trek,” Fuller explains to Newsweek. “It felt like it was best for me to focus on landing the plane with American Gods and making sure that was delivered in as elegant and sophisticated a fashion as I could possibly do.” ))
This doesn't bold well for the production. Keep in mind Voyager had similar issues before and during the filming. Yet, it seems CBS is shooting themselves in their foot.
Why would CBS force it onto their exclusive online service instead of going multi-platform? I will watch the premiere on CBS, but I won't pay for their CBS service.  

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47