Thursday, March 02, 2017

Rachel Dolezal has turned into “God's Gift”

Rachel Dolezal has turned into “God's Gift”
Folks, let's talk about race.

She was the woman that pretended to be a black woman and worked for the NAACP. We thought we were done with her, but she is back in the news.
From NY Posr.com, (( the white NAACP leader who pretended to be black for years — has reportedly changed her name to a West African moniker meaning “gift of God.”
The 39-year-old will now be called Nkechi Amare Dialloaccording to the Daily Mail.))
There isn't anything wrong with embracing other cultures, but there is a hint of a mental issue when you try to be something you're not. Wouldn't it be strange if I pretended to be Japanese? Changing her name like this helps her keep her face in the news. She has a book deal. (Note, I am a guy that has tried off and on to write a book and this crazy lady gets one.)
She has allegedly fallen on hard times.
From NY Post, ((the infamous white woman who for years passed herself off as African-American and rose to become head of an NAACP branch, is now jobless, on food stamps and expects to soon be homeless. ))
Because I respect the Klingon culture, I am going to rename myself “nuch 'ej QuQ 'Iv qet vo' may''” It means “coward who runs from battle”. Translate your own Klingon.
This Transracial thing really bothers me. Having grown up with black and white friends, I never felt compelled to focus on just merely race. It is always there, but not as much of a factor in my later life as some of my mental and health struggles. Even saying the name Transracial bothers me. However, I am certain there WILL be a time when you can fully change your race to black or white...probably in our lifetime.
From NY Post, ((I do think a more complex label would be helpful, but we don’t really have that vocabulary,” Dolezal told The Guardian. “I feel like the idea of being trans-black would be much more accurate than ‘I’m white.’ Because, you know, I’m not white . . . Calling myself black feels more accurate than saying I’m white.” ))
If you only knew how much this pisses me off. I've been black my whole life. I've had store detectives follow me and I've had people flat out accuse me of being up to no good. I've had someone say the “N-Word” around me. I've also had black people make fun of the way I speak, because I don't speak “black enough”. I've been called a sellout because I am critical of certain elements of the black community. These are things you haven't gone through, Rachel Dolezal, uh I mean Nkechi Amare Diallo. Being black isn't like becoming a Power Ranger or Pokemon trainer. You are born with what you have and you work on it.
Whatever she is calling herself, she doesn't need to be mocked, but given some help in the form of therapy.  This is unhealthy and only going to end badly for her.  
I find it fitting that she WANTS to be black so bad, and I am a black guy that people say I act TOO WHITE. Maybe, Miss Rachel Dolezal and I are meant for each other. Hmm...

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47