Sunday, December 25, 2016

Rogue One and the two Imperial March themes

I saw Rogue One today, but I haven't wrote review for it yet. I wanted to point this out about the music.
I heard this track in the movie and totally had a geek moment hearing the score. The Imperial March from episodes 5,6, 1,2,3 was never heard in Episode 4. John Williams wrote a completely different Imperial March for A New Hope. He switched over to the famous theme starting in Empire Strikes Back.
Michael Giacchino mixed the two Imperial Themes together for Rogue One. This has never been done before. And, I even thought they wouldn't even have the popular march in the movie just keep with consistent with the Episode 4.
BTW, I don't think the Death Star theme from EP4 makes an appearance here despite the Death Star having a huge part in Rogue One. Can someone confirm this?
Also, Giacchino wrote a new theme for the Imperial March for just this film, which I find interesting.
Take a listen.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47