Saturday, June 01, 2013

Xenga, Xenga, Beet Beet. (The end of Xenga?)

Xenga, Xenga, Beet Beet. (The end of Xenga?)

Not to be confused with Xenu...
You hear that? That is a sound of millions (hundreds) of lonely post-teens crying about the soon demise of Xenga that other blogging site other than Live Journal. When I read the news, I was in shock because I thought Xenga was already dead. Color me surprised to discover that it is still puttering along. So, this company might disappear in the same manner as Stickam (or however you spell it).
It appears they're starting a kick-starter, re-starter, reboot or whatever with the help of their members.
When I came onto the blog scene way back in 2005, Xenga was for the artsy-f artsy kids. And, the writers and socially awkward folks seemed to live around WordPress and Blogger. I believe most of the bloggers from Xenga migrated over to Tumblr over the years, another social blogging site that gets on my nerves. Tumblr has the added bonus of people showing us pictures of their food. 
 Blogging was a different animal back then. I guess Xenga had a reason to exist. So, do you have 60,000 bucks under your car seats?
For poops and giggles, I enjoy reading the entries in Urban Dictionary for Xenga

 

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47