Sunday, June 16, 2013

Semicolon; Lonely Island

Semicolon; Lonely Island
Did I just hear a shout-out to Blogger in the song? Yep. Well, that's cool. I've been writing for a good 10-12 years now, and I still don't know how to use a semicolon. I've been told by my fictional writing teacher and my journalist teacher to never use them; ever.
In fiction, their almost a bump in the road. Writing fiction is about the flow of the words and not the true study of grammar.
I love this music video, because it is clearly a parody of “All of the Lights”. Actully, the song might be a complete parody of Kanye West's song. I got the most lulz out of the ending with the “M. Knight” twist. Or “This is a twist; M. Knight.”
“Oxnard”
“ALF”: Yes, someone actually brought out an ALF reference.
Between items in a series or listing containing internal punctuation, especially parenthetic commas, where the semicolons function as serial commas:
Between closely related independent clauses not conjoined with a coordinating conjunction:
Between independent clauses linked with a transitional phrase or a conjunctive adverb:
Note: Semicolons are also used in Arabic too, with similar results.  

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47