Sunday, June 09, 2013

Bicycle Stolen (Part 1 of 2)

 Bicycle Stolen (Part 1 of 2)

Maybe, I should have never left the house. And, I am still pissed off and will probably be pissed off for few days.
It was Saturday afternoon. Like every morning, I had trouble sleeping, but I managed to fall asleep. After hitting the snooze button a few times, I forced myself to wake up around 3PM. I looked out of the window and saw that it was nice outside. This is a good time for a bike ride, I thought to myself. I generally don't wake up in a good mood, but today I felt a little happier because I was able to ride around town on my bicycle. Weekends are my time to clear my mind of everything and go on long bike rides around the city.
So, that's what I did. I went to the River Front Park and parked my car and rode my bicycle around the west end and the old Louisville portions of town. Everything on my ride went pretty good. I decided to make a pit stop at the U of L Library. I went inside to enroll in some classes on the computer. After about 30 minutes, I decided to leave and ride back to car, because I wanted to get home and study some math stuff on YouTube. I walked outside the library and noticed my bike to was gone from the bike rack that I locked. Walking closer, and I thought, Did I put my bike somewhere else?
Nope. I already knew something was wrong. I always remember where I park my bike.
I reached the bike rack and noticed my bicycle helmet was on the sidewalk right where my bicycle used to be. Well, this is just wonderful, I thought.
They stole my bicycle and left my helmet. I guess they didn't want my head-sweat-soaked helmet. Hell, they even took the chain I used to lock my bicycle, meaning they used bolt-cutters. I balled my fists in anger. For the first time ever, I've had my bicycle stolen. I've had parts lifted from my bikes, but never the whole thing. And, it was stolen at school and that's the real kicker about the story.
The mother f'ers took my bike, thus ruining my entire week.
I just got this bicycle last year. And, I find that amusing because the bike, while pretty good, wasn't as high end as my Trek bike I had before. This was a Mongoose Snarl that was priced around 250 bucks, but the Trek bike was around 350. However, my Mongoose looked ten times better than my Trek. It was mostly an all black mountain bike with disk breaks.
I added about 50 more bucks into it with new smoother tires and lights. The smoother tires made the mountain bike into a hybrid more or less, which in turn gave me more speed on normal streets. So, I had a mountain bike with the sturdiness of wide tires, but the smooth tires of a hybrid bike.
Here's what the bike looks like without my modifications.



Anyway, there is way more to tell of the story. And, trust me the anger is still fresh because it just happened a few hours ago. But, the story gets better...way better..., but not for me.
Teaser: I ended up somewhere I never thought I'd ever end up...





No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47